Name of the Award:
AFPC Student Research Poster Award
To stimulate and foster the development of research programs and research skills, in all areas of Pharmacy, by undergraduate and graduate students of Faculties, Colleges, and Schools of Pharmacy in Canada.
- Funding for three students from three Faculties, Colleges or Schools of Pharmacy to present a research poster at the annual meeting of the Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada (AFPC).
- Each recipient will receive:
- A grant to a maximum of $1,500 for return economy-class airfare from the recipient's residence to the site of the AFPC meeting, at the most economical rates available, accommodation, and travel related expenses.
- A complimentary ticket to the AFPC awards banquet.
- Complimentary registration for the annual meeting.
- Eligible candidates are undergraduate or graduate students in a Faculty, College or School of Pharmacy in Canada. A student conducting a project in a pharmacy related area, and whose primary supervisor is a pharmacy faculty member, is also eligible.
- Each recipient shall be nominated by their own Faculty, College or School of Pharmacy.
- It is suggested that each Faculty, College and School hold an annual research poster competition to select its award recipient and that students organize the competition. The abstract and poster presented from this local competition should be submitted for the AFPC competition.
- The AFPC Executive Director, at the start of each academic year, will announce the program to the pharmacy students in all of the Faculties, Colleges and Schools of Pharmacy in Canada. This award competition is limited to 1 nominee per faculty. The deadline for submission of nominations is March 1, 2017. Each nominee must complete the standardized award application form (see pages three and four of the AFPC Awards Booklet), provide an electronic copy of their poster abstract, and electronic copy of their poster and submit this information to the AFPC Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Director shall forward the individual submissions to the Chair of the Awards Committee. The submissions will be reviewed by a panel of AFPC faculty members.
- The 3 best poster submissions will be selected and the award winners shall be recognized at the AFPC Awards Banquet.
- No individual shall receive the award more than once.
- The names of the award winners shall be published in the Annual AFPC Proceedings.
The three best poster award recipients are expected to attend the awards presentation part of the AFPC Annual Conference and the banquet. It should also be noted that the best overall student poster at the AFPC Annual Conference will be awarded a National Poster Award, valued at $500, at the banquet.
NOTE: Award recipients are requested to wait until they receive instructions from AFPC prior to making any travel arrangements to attend the Conference.
|AFPC Student Research Poster Award
See Awards book for details.
Submission of award applications should occur by Email on or before the due date indicated for each award to Harold Lopatka.
|2016-2017 Awards Book|