I. Name of the Award:
Pfizer Pharmaceutical Research Award - Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada.
Pfizer Canada Inc.
To stimulate and foster the development of research programs in all areas of Pharmacy by recognizing research excellence of members of the academic staff of Faculties, Colleges, or Schools of Pharmacy in Canada.
- A suitable framed certificate will be presented to the recipient at the annual meeting of the Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada (AFPC).
- Travel and accommodation expenses to a maximum of $500 will be provided for the recipient to attend the AFPC Conference.
- The recipient will also receive complimentary registration for the annual AFPC Conference and a complimentary ticket to attend the Awards Banquet.
V. Selection Criteria:
- Each candidate must be an active member of the academic staff of the Faculties, Colleges, or Schools of Pharmacy in Canada.
- The candidates for the Award shall be:
- Pursuing an active research career in pharmacy, including the supervision of graduate students and/or postdoctoral fellows; and
- Exerting a broad influence on pharmaceutical research as recognized by peers at national and international levels.
- The Award may also be given for a distinguished career or for a particular special achievement in pharmaceutical research.
VI. Procedures for Nominating Eligible Candidates:
- Candidates shall be nominated by at least two AFPC members (please use AFPC application form).
- The nominees shall sign the nomination forms indicating their willingness to let their names stand.
- The nominators shall submit a covering letter, not exceeding two (2) typed pages, outlining the qualifications of the nominees that make them worthy of the Award, according to the "Criteria for Selection" for the Award. The candidates research supervisor or research collaborators are not eligible to serve as nominators.
- The application shall include a complete, current curriculum vitae, provided by the nominee. The c.v. shall include information concerning the nominee's academic training and career, including positions held; honors and awards; peer reviewed grants; peer reviewed publications; invitational presentations; offices held in scientific or learned societies; editorial or advisory positions held with scientific or learned publications; visiting professorships; postgraduate fellows and graduate students directed, along with titles of projects; graduate or research courses or seminars conceived, taught, or coordinated; relevant collaborations with other researchers; and such other information, including unpublished manuscripts, which may be relevant.
- The nominators shall also solicit the opinions of three (3) reviewers who are recognized experts in the nominee's field; at least one of the reviewers must be from outside Canada.
VII. Method of Selection:
- Prior to September 30 of each year, the Executive Director of AFPC shall inform all members of the terms of reference, criteria, and application procedures for the AFPC-Pfizer Award.
- Applications, including all relevant materials and documentation as outlined in "Procedures for Nominating Eligible Candidates", must be received by Email in PDF format (email@example.com) by the Executive Director of AFPC no later than January 15, 2017. This includes the standardized award application form located on pages three and four of the AFPC Awards Booklet.
- The Awards Committee of AFPC shall review all nominations and select the candidate who, in their judgment best meets the criteria for the Award.
- The Awards Committee may also choose to solicit opinions from recognized experts regarding the eligibility of the candidate for the award.
- The Awards Committee shall make their selection no later than April 1st, 2017 and forward the name of the winning candidate to the Executive Director of AFPC, who shall in turn inform Pfizer Canada Inc., after appropriate ratification of the Committee's decision by the AFPC Executive.
- Presentation of the Award shall be made at the annual meeting of the AFPC.
- The successful candidate must agree to attend the AFPC annual conference to receive the Award.
- No individual may receive the Award more than once in any ten (10)-year period.
- If there is no suitable candidate, the Award shall not be given in a particular year.
- Nothing shall preclude the presentation of the AFPC-Pfizer Award posthumously, provided the candidate was not deceased prior to twelve (12) months before the presentation of the Award.
|AFPC Pfizer Research Career Award
See Awards book for details.
Submission of award applications should occur by Email on or before the due date indicated for each award to Harold Lopatka.
|2016-2017 Awards Book|